Friday, October 15, 2010

GUEST POST: Ginger's Goodies is HERE!

Hi all! My name is Darcy and I blog over on Ginger's Goodies! it's a work in progress and really new but I'm pretty prouds of that little gem over there...go take a look! It's all about my journey to a new fit lifestyle, food, friends, family, and my puppy dog. Ok he may be a old dog but man is he cute or what?

I am Sara's younger sister and this year I have recently changed my way of living to shed some unwanted and unhealthy weight. So far so goo: as of Wednesday's Weigh In I am down 32.8lbs! I am happy with that, I know it could definately be more but it could also be less so it is what it is!

Overall, this weight loss has been through eating healthier and exercising a lot more, ok exercising at all! I started by just doing a half hour on my gazelle while I watched my DVR'd shows. Then I gradually moved it up to an hour and sometimes I will walk on my lunch breaks. The eating is really where I struggle. Or should I say drinking. I am a VERY social person and I love cooking for peeps, hosting parties, and enjoying adult beverages from time to time. It is really hard for me to not to go to a social event if I am invited so I've been able to at least maintain the weight loss through exercise and stil be able to go out so I appreciate that. What works for me won't for everyone so the KEY is to find what does work for you and WORK IT to acheive the goals that you want, be it weight loss, career goals, financial goals, whatev. JUST START DOING IT!

Last night, I walked in from grocery shopping and morphed into Martha Stewart! I baked up 2 batches of cookies(one good and one fail: I think I put too much baking sodaor too much vanilla, I guess I should measure!) but the first batch is pretty delicious and Sara and I have thought about it for awhile:

White Chocolate and Craisin Cookies
Makes 44-1 ounce cookies

Mix the following ingredients:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup/stick butter flavored Crisco
  • 1/2 C brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
Then add:
  • 2 C flour(one cup at a time unless you want a flour storm!)
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
Then add:
  • 1 C white chocolate baking chips
  • 3/4 C craisins
Stir. Bake at 375 degree for 8-12 minutes. They were perfect in my oven at 10 minutes 45 seconds :)

The cookie batter is actually off a chocolate chip cookies recipe from my friend Amy. The cookies are also delectable but I wanted to incorporate just a tad of healthy into it. The craisins count right? :)

Either who, this is a great indication of how my life is going right now. I can workout for an hour or more a day and eat healthy then call it a night with a great cookie recipe! It's really all about moderation folks. Except for boxed wine....

Thanks for reading!

No comments: